Re: Permissions to create computer objects and join domain.

Hello Dai,

These settings are security options, open the OU where you delegated this kind of control, security tab, advanced and you should see the groupname to which the settings are applied. If you edit it you can verify all options in the list.

Also have a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243327/en-us

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2006/01/05/369.aspx

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Hi,

I'm trying to solve a problem I've had for the last few days. I need
to allow members of a group permissions to join domain by pre creating
a computer object in a specific OU, and then allowing themselves to
attach a machine to that object by name.

The group has permission to do the following to Computer objects in
the OU i mentioned.

Reset Password
Validated write to DNS host name
Validated Write to service principal name
Write Account Restrictions
Create / Delete Computer Objects
but in ADUC the new option does not appear in any menu. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

David Owen.

.