Re: Permissions to create computer objects and join domain.

Hello Dai,

These settings are security options, open the OU where you delegated this kind of control, security tab, advanced and you should see the groupname to which the settings are applied. If you edit it you can verify all options in the list.

Also have a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243327/en-us

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2006/01/05/369.aspx

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Hi,

I'm trying to solve a problem I've had for the last few days. I need
to allow members of a group permissions to join domain by pre creating
a computer object in a specific OU, and then allowing themselves to
attach a machine to that object by name.

The group has permission to do the following to Computer objects in
the OU i mentioned.

Reset Password
Validated write to DNS host name
Validated Write to service principal name
Write Account Restrictions
Create / Delete Computer Objects
but in ADUC the new option does not appear in any menu. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

David Owen.

  • Re: Permissions to create computer objects and join domain.
    ... These settings are security options, open the OU where you delegated this ... to allow members of a group permissions to join domain by pre creating ... but still no new option in the ou to create computer objects. ...
  • Re: GPO vs. LGPO settings in Security Options
    ... the names of the settings have evolved with the operating system. ... Windows Platform Support Team ... > 'Security Options', these settings are do not come from an ADM-template ... > By starting Local Security Policy on an XP workstation, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: OSX doesnt play nice... what a suprise (rolls eyes)
    ... >In Windows, from Administrative Tools, select Domain Controller Security ... I could not for the life of me find these settings. ... On an XP box, go to Local Security Settings, Local Policies, ... Security Options, Domain Member: Digitally encrypt... ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: GPO vs. LGPO settings in Security Options
    ... This is true for certain policy settings, however, when you look in Computer ... 'Security Options', these settings are do not come from an ADM-template file. ... If you're running Windows XP clients in your Windows 2000 ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Doug Knox Please read the following
    ... MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display ... > windows stores these settings ... > it messed up my security options page and resulted in not ... > ameters/TcpMaxDataRetransmissions) in the registry under ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)