GPO for Message of the Day

I am aware of a location within group policy that I can specify a login
message for domain users, designed as a disclaimer or a place to state
corporate policies. What I want to accomplish either via some script and
this group policy setting (or any other method) is have the MOTD scripted to
draw 1 or 2 sentence "blurbs" and use it as the logon message. This way I
can change the logon message with one or two sentences of corporate policies
rather than a huge message.

Does anyone know how I might accomplish this using a script, 3rd party
application, or any method they can come up with. The only method I am
trying to avoid, but have considered, is have AD run a login script that runs
a notepad document with a message in it. I do not want to open notepad to do
this.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would love to hear them!

Thanks :)

  • Re: Group Policy Timeout on one server in an OU.
    ... Deny Apply for the GPO that defines the login script ... On Error GoTo 0 ... Group Policy Management solutions athttp://www.sdmsoftware.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Group Policy Timeout on one server in an OU.
    ... inheritance of that login script and placed myself in the OU. ... On Error GoTo 0 ... Group Policy Management solutions athttp://www.sdmsoftware.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Group Policy Timeout on one server in an OU.
    ... inheritance of that login script and placed myself in the OU. ... On Error GoTo 0 ... Group Policy Management solutions athttp://www.sdmsoftware.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Group Policy Timeout on one server in an OU.
    ... Thanks for the replies guys. ... is to login locally of course, and when I logon locally it does in fact ... user is logged on to see what the script is. ... MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policyhttp://www.gpoguy.com-- The Windows Group Policy Information Hub: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Logon Scripts Acrossed VPN
    ... What does GPMC GPREsults show under the Group Policy Infrastructure Component Status for one of those machines? ... I think this error is related to computer processing rather than your logon script issue but still probably worth figuring out if there is a problem. ... Darren Mar-Elia ... > This same error seems to be on every system in my remote offices. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)