Re: Specified Domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

From a command prompt on the Vista machine and your DC run
ipconfig /all

and post these

If your dns server is different than your dc also post this. It still
appears that it may be dns

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup

"DBLWizard" <ibflyfishin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I did have some errors that I was able to resolve. After fixing them
and rerunning the tests these are the entries that are left in the
dcdiag.log

Starting test: systemlog
* The System Event log test
An Error Event occured. EventID: 0xC0002719
Time Generated: 12/05/2007 13:29:24
(Event String could not be retrieved)
An Error Event occured. EventID: 0xC0002719
Time Generated: 12/05/2007 13:29:26
(Event String could not be retrieved)
An Error Event occured. EventID: 0xC0002719
Time Generated: 12/05/2007 13:36:47
(Event String could not be retrieved)

And then in the netdiag.log under Active Connections at the bottom was
the line

IP Statistics

Packets Received = 512,884
Received Header Errors = 0
Received Address Errors = 3,141
Datagrams Forwarded = 0
Unknown Protocols Received = 0
Received Packets Discarded = 735
Received Packets Delivered = 509,008
Output Requests = 416,758
Routing Discards = 0
Discarded Output Packets = 6
Output Packet No Route = 0
Reassembly Required = 0
Reassembly Successful = 0
Reassembly Failures = 0
Datagrams successfully fragmented = 0
Datagrams failing fragmentation = 0
Fragments Created = 0
Forwarding = 2
Default TTL = 128
Reassembly timeout = 60

I still get a temp profile on the Vista workstation and when I run the
netdom.exe from the server itself I get the following:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>netdom query /domain:dname /
verify
DC
Verifying secure channel setup for domain members:
Machine Status/Domain Domain Controller

\\ServerName ERROR! ( The specified domain either does
not exist
or could not be contacted. )

The command completed successfully.

Does this give you any clues?

On Dec 5, 6:51 am, "Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]"