Re: Unjoin/Rejoin domain

If it's broken as we speak, then yes, let the DCs converge. If you're
talking about your process, then no, you shouldn't need to as long as
you don't continue deleting the account object.

--
Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services]
MSEtechnology

"obnetadmin" <obnetadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Dean-

Should I just let replication do its thing at this point? Or attempt
another
rejoin?

"Dean Wells (MVP)" wrote:

My guess is you've got a tombstone chasing the rejoin operation and
murdering the newly joined computer account object ... due to repl.
latency most likely. You don't really need to delete the account at
all
assuming you've sufficient permission to overwrite the existing
object.

--
Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services]
MSEtechnology
[[ Please respond to the Newsgroup only regarding posts ]]
R e m o v e t h e m a s k t o s e n d e m a i l

"obnetadmin" <obnetadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Jorge-
Yes. It shows up as a disabled object after being removed. I then
delete the
disabled object and rejoin the domain. No errors rejoining the
domain,
I just
don't see the rejoined workstation object anywhere in ADUC.

"Jorge Silva" wrote:

Hi
What do you mean? The workstation disappears?

--

===================================
I hope that the information above helps you.

Jorge Silva
MCSE, MVP Directory Services
===================================

"obnetadmin" <obnetadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
This may be a simple question. I have single forest/single
domain
Windows
Server 2003 AD environment with a DC\GC server at each remote
location. If
disjoin a workstation from the domain, I immediately see the
disabled
object
in ADUC on the nearest server. Upon rejoining with the same
name,
the
workstation object does not show up. I sometimes have to disjoin
couple
more times before it finally shows up. Any ideas?

  • Re: Unjoin/Rejoin domain
    ... murdering the newly joined computer account object ... ... Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services] ... disabled object and rejoin the domain. ... don't see the rejoined workstation object anywhere in ADUC. ...
  • Re: Unjoin/Rejoin domain
    ... murdering the newly joined computer account object ... ... disabled object and rejoin the domain. ... don't see the rejoined workstation object anywhere in ADUC. ... Server 2003 AD environment with a DC\GC server at each remote ...
  • Re: Lost Correct Security Identifier (SID): Event 5513
    ... Make the machines workgroup members first, then rejoin to the Domain. ... that the clients have the new WINS and DNS server in their network settings ... Domain which was lost. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Recovering PDC from Hardware Failure
    ... server is running DNS, DHCP, WINS and File / Printer Sharing. ... have to rejoin all the workstations to the domain and such. ... I don't have any backups ... box, I need to get it talking to all ten XP Boxes' again, without having ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Restored from image Cant find DC
    ... Unjoin and rejoin have no influence on the software/data on the computer, ... Check that the ipconfiguration to the domain is correct, try to ping the server via ip address and servername. ... "Meinolf Weber" wrote: ...