Re: DCDIAG confusion

"Laura E. Hunter [MVP]" <laurahcomputing.nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:OK8rSnWcHHA.5060@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The "49 entries" error can be safely ignored - this is referring to old
entries from restored DCs that are being ignored by design (as they should
be.)

Does the EventID have any corresponding event string listed in DCDiag?
Open up your System Log - there should be corresponding error events there
that should give you more information. That number looks very much like
the errors that occur when you connect using Remote Desktop and the server
doesn't have the drivers for your local printers. If that is the case, the
error isn't anything to worry about.

In addition, System Event log errors will continue to appear in the DCDiag
until
you clear that log.

If you have read, recorded (or saved), and tried to correct the system error
you can savely delete that log and re-run DCDiag to see if the messages
persists in the output.

  • Re: Windows 2003 Pre-authentication failed
    ... Your dcdiag is reporting Kerberos errors, but I am unable to find specifics ... EventID: 0x825A0011 ... (Event String could not be retrieved) ... Event String: A Kerberos Error Message was received: ...
  • Re: Interactive logon message
    ... Netdiag looks normal, dcdiag also, the entries you see, are from the system log from event viewer. ... EventID: 0x00000457 ... (Event String could not be retrieved) ...
  • Re: DCDIAG Error
    ... Check the system eventlog for errors. ... I then started to run a dcdiag and got some DNS errors which I ... EventID: 0x0000025C ... (Event String could not be retrieved) ...
  • DCDIAG Error
    ... then started to run a dcdiag and got some DNS errors which I think I fixed. ... EventID: 0x0000025C ... (Event String could not be retrieved) ...
  • RE: Missing Event IDs and Errors following DCPROMO
    ... Can you post the full output of the dcdiag /v results please. ... Does sysvol and netlogon get shared out? ... EventID: 0x00000457 ... (Event String could not be retrieved) ...