Error creating external trust in Windows Server 2003

Active Directory Domains and Trusts wizard error:

The trust relationship cannot be created because the following error occurred:
The operation failed. The error is: This operation can not be performed on
the current domain.

nltest and netdiag do not report any errors. DNS looks ok. I get the same
error in domain A and B when trying to create the external trust. Both
domains are at 2003 domain/forest functional level.

  • RE: How to create trust relationship between Windows 2003 Server (domain controler) and Windows NT 4
    ... relationship between windows NT and Windows 2003 by following the ... Establish Trusts with a Windows NT-Based Domain in Windows Server ... How to Create a Trust Relationship ... Create a Two-Way Trust Relationship ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Win2k and WinNT domain trust issue
    ... > On Win2k end ... > Active Directory cannot verify the trust. ... > If the other side of the trust relationship doesn't exist yet, ... > domain name domain and verify that it includes Windows ...
  • Re: access to Server 2K3
    ... Actually the trust relationship is not a must. ... I suggest you enable and apply security ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ...
  • Win2K and WinNT trust issue
    ... My Win2k domain contains 2 dc's is a child domain in a forest ... Active Directory cannot verify the trust. ... If the other side of the trust relationship doesn't exist yet, ... contact the administrator of the Windows 2000-based ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)