Re: Tombstone & Replication

Thank you to everyone that helped out.
There sure is alot to learn from books but real life gives the real
expreince.
It's great to know that there are people that still give good advice on the
forums. Keep up the good work.

Thanks once more.

"Jorge de Almeida Pinto [MVP - DS]"
<SubstituteThisWithMyFullNameSeparatedByDots@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2006/05/08/Lingering-objects.aspx
http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2005/11/24/153.aspx

--

Cheers,
(HOPEFULLY THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU!)

# Jorge de Almeida Pinto # MVP Windows Server - Directory Services

BLOG (WEB-BASED)--> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/default.aspx
BLOG (RSS-FEEDS)--> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/rss.aspx
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no
rights!
* Always test before implementing!
"Cyber-Guy" <cyber-guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Greetings,

I've had a server that went down based on a hardware failure it past the
60 day tombstone mark and now I'm getting a lot of errors about
replication even on the DNS log I get that the DNS server was unable to
open the active directory.

I've got 2 sites with one DC in each site.

Is there a way to by pass the tombstone period all I've seen on the net
is a way to prolong the 60 days to more.

Please any info will be great.

Thanks a mil

  • Tombstone & Replication
    ... I've had a server that went down based on a hardware failure it past the 60 ... day tombstone mark and now I'm getting a lot of errors about replication ... even on the DNS log I get that the DNS server was unable to open the active ...
  • Re: What Would Cause ISA to Block GoogleBots?
    ... "There is sometimes a difference between "real life" and working dependably ... versus all the elaborate ivory tower configurations that look great on paper ... Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: ... Deployment Guidelines for ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: PARADOX product life cycle
    ... in real life they present a whole other set of problems ... managing a server, etc. ... If you lose your connection you can use ... While a remote server sounds nice and looks ...
    (comp.databases.paradox)
  • Re: XP
    ... Don't title a server post XP unless you are asking if you can run server ... The exams are not real life scenarios, but they attempt to mimic real ... it is obvious when you read these test questions and the poor ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: R.I.P., Penance
    ... And it's causing problems, ... As of now they aren't moving the site. ... They are moving in real life, ... This alone shouldn't effect the server unless they ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)