Re: Active Directory Site And Services Problem between 2 DC
- From: Trevor Sullivan <pcgeek86@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 05:49:09 -0500
I have 2 DC, one located at HQ Building and the other is at remote branchCreate a virtual subnet for each LAN subnet you have clients
office. Both DC are connected by a leased line.
How to make sure that the active directory site and services setting at
branch office is able to replicate with the one at HQ building?Please guide
me in a step by step method.
authenticating from, and assign the proper subnet to the proper site.
For example, consider the following
LAN A: 192.168.1/24
LAN B: 192.168.2/24
Using the Active Directory Sites and Services snap-in, create the
subnets, then assign them to the proper site. Using DNS, your clients
will locate the closest domain controller(s) to them, and authenticate
against those. If it fails, they will locate another DC in a different
logical site using DNS.
- Prev by Date: Re: HELP: I cannot acces shared CDROM
- Next by Date: Re: GPMC catastrophic failure
- Previous by thread: Re: Active Directory Site And Services Problem between 2 DC
- Next by thread: HELP: I cannot acces shared CDROM