Re: R2 ADPrep prep

No you do not need to have SP1 applied to extend the schema to Windows
Server 2003 R2. How ever to be able to upgrade/install a server to Windows
Server 2003 R2 you need SP1 inplace.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Resources

"CraigTin" <CraigTin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Should I have serivce pack 1 installed on all servers, including member
servers prior to using ADPrep?

What about SQLserver is there any prep that needs to be done prior to
using
the ADPrep for R2?

  • Re: upgrade a Windows 2003 DC to R2
    ... MS-KBQ293783_Cannot Upgrade Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2003 with ... > when doing adprep forestprep. ... > "attributeId" attribute value for objects defined in Windows 2000 schema ...
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #154
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... ISS RealSecure Server Sensor SSL Denial Of Service Vulnerabi... ... Roger Wilco Remote Server Side Buffer Overrun Vulnerability ... available for Microsoft Windows operating systems. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Adding a Windows 2003 R2 server to a Windows 2000 Domain
    ... There are no error messages in either of the event logs. ... domain you shouldn't need to do an adprep. ... I am using this domain administrator account when I try to add the server ... The same also happens if I try and open a network share on the Windows ...
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49
    ... Subject: SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49 ... Microsoft Windows NNTP Denial of Service Vulnerability ... Microsoft IIS SSI Buffer Overrun Privelege Elevation Vulnerability ... Microsoft ISA Server H.323 Memory Leak Denial of Service... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
    ... acrobat cannot find external windows handler ... activesync cannot find exchange server ... aol internet explorer cannot find server ... brother network scanner cannot find pc ...
    (sci.geo.fluids)