Re: primary domain controller is down

Hi

Adding to other's valid responses, you sould know that there isn't such
thing as Primary Domain Controller as you had in Windows NT.

You should also make sure that any other server roles that were performed by
the demoted DC are transfered to this new one. DHCP,DNS,DFS,WINS,etc.
Overview of Active Directory Objects That Are Used by FRS

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296183/

--
I hope that the information above helps you

Good Luck
Jorge Silva
MCSA
Systems Administrator

"Marco" <Marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
hi all,

for the beginning,i apologize for my english.

my primary domain controller is down, i lost my backups.
my secondary domain controller takes place the place but it is not seems
be the primary domain controller?

I have differents questions?
What can i do?
Must i promote it as primary domain controller ou is it by default because
the primary domain controller is down?

il lost the schema master.
What can i do ?
instead of transfer i must seize the roles is it?
But how because seizing it find anything?

What is the procedure by step in this situation,it is very important and
critical manipulation.

thanks for your help

  • RPC errors in Event Viewer on new installation of ISA 2004
    ... I successfully carried out an installation of ISA 2004 on a new Windows ... Server 2003 joined to a 2003 primary domain controller. ... I had a look at the event logs and I am also receiving Event ID 1053 ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)
  • WindowsXP Computer Accounts Are Getting Reset in Windows2003 ADS
    ... Computer Accounts are getting automatically reset in Windows 2003 based ... Workstations are WindowsXP Professional.We have Primary Domain controller ... In the security event log following is the message getting logged. ...
  • Re: low-power x86 computer
    ... > requirement rules anything but Windows out. ... > BDC (Backup Domain Controller). ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Authentication Redirect to login doesnt work
    ... I have Windows xp as workstation OS and Windows Server 2003 Standard ... Edition for the server but Windows NT 4 as primary Domain controller. ... I have configured IIS for Basic authentication in the Directory ...
  • Re: how do I logon to my Windows server from Suse 9.1 Pro
    ... > the primary domain controller is a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server ... if you want to access to a windows file system you have to IMPORT it: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)