Re: Active Directory Sites and Services Question?
- From: "Joe Richards [MVP]" <humorexpress@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:50:17 -0400
No, there isn't a hierarchy to that extent. If you have a hub and spoke type layout you can work with what DNS records are registered so that if a local DC isn't found, machines will fall back to hub sites instead of going to WAN (spoke) sites. This is accomplished by telling all of the WAN sites to not register their generic (or global) records, just register their site specific records.
for your options.
Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
Author of O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition
---O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition now available---
I am in the process of setting up Sites for specific locations for my company (i.e. NY, Tampa, Houston, etc...) My question is after I have set up the sites is there a way to specify what site to use for user logons if the Domain Controllers go down in a specific site, what locations Domain controllers they should use in order? Basically what I am asking is if I somehow lose both DC's in NY is there a way to specify that user's logging on should use Tampa next, then Houston, etc... Thanks.
- Prev by Date: Re: Global Catalog Server Help
- Next by Date: Re: ADAM replication over firewall
- Previous by thread: Re: Deny+Allow "change password"?
- Next by thread: domain users and local computers