DSRM

I am a domain admin for a small single domain with one domain controller.
In order to test DR, I need to know I can restore the system state. But the
administrator who stood up this domain is long gone and I do not know the
original credentials used to enter Directory Services Restore Mode which is
needed to restore the system state. How can I reset this password to
something I know?

--
Spin

  • Re: Domain Controller cannot boot up after restoring the system st
    ... Too bad if I really cannot test out the system state here... ... I use the system state backup from the domain controller and restore it ...
  • Re: EventID 2103 USN Rollback
    ... "The domain controller that held all the primary roles had its system drive ... We booted in directory services restore more and did a full restore of an ... If I am just restoring the entire "System State" from an older backup ... Am I missing anything in the required recovery procedure? ...
  • Completely restoring two domains in the same forest
    ... I have an Active Directory forest composed of a root domain and a child domain; each domain has two domain controllers, and all the DCs are global catalogs. ... I need to completely re-create this forest in a test lab, and I'm planning on using backups and restores to do this; I have full system state backups of every domain controller. ... Install the same version of Windows on a server with the same host name as the first DC I want to restore. ...
  • RE: Disater recover of a DC
    ... -- If the roles is RID master, you can leave it off until a dc requires to ... is sucessful, if so, plug back to aloow new schema replication. ... Don't stoe the system state only on the local ... I generally will only ever perform a system state dc restore for a DC that ...
  • Re: EventID 2103 USN Rollback
    ... I restore the System State backup to the 2103 DC ... let the other domain controller use its "newer" version to overwrite the ...