Re: Administrators Group in Local Users and Groups

Thanks!
My impatience got the better of me again...
I had it set up right, it just took a while to get out to the workstations.

Thanks again
Mark

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/TechRef/156780ef-eb36-4433-b3fe-1b1a15c18f6a.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sag_scerestrictgroups.mspx

> >> --
> >>

> >> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> > rights.
> >>

> >> "Mark Morrell" <morrellm@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message

  • Re: disclosure the administrative password
    ... If you create an account in the domain which your workstations are a ... part of and only make it a member of the 'administrators' group (not ... Properties, group Policy, New) with a name which makes sense (eg. ... groups of users to be members of different groups; ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Using the right GPO, or Group for granting limited elevated admin privs
    ... Delegation let's You delegate some administrative tasks in AD to the ... Restricted groups is GPO settings which lets You specif the members of ... choosen group - for example local administrators group n some workstations. ...
  • Re: Missing Group for local admin group
    ... those workstations in local security policy. ... If the user is system then it is most likely done by Restricted Groups ... Also try adding the group to the local administrators ... The next day when i check the local admin ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Customize User Rights for Domain Admins Group
    ... workstation administrators members of the Domain Admins group for them to ... Add your new group and Domain Admins. ... Then link this GPO to your OU's that contain your workstations and your ...
  • Re: Group Manipulation
    ... Sure you could use Restricted Groups. ... the Group Policy with Restricted Groups as long as you don't mind all those ... users being local administrators on all those computers keeping in mind that ... >> are two distinct options - members of this group and members of this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)