Re: Mac OSX and AD

What the heck, as long as you're looking you may also want to check the
event security logs and the firewall log if running SP1 to make sure it's
nothing to do with that either. Note that failure auditing would have to be
enabled if you wanted to see anything in the security logs.

Al

"Scott Lowe" <me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On 2005-08-09 22:03:01 -0400, "bjhow" <bjhow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> said:
>
>> I am using Samba to connect trying to connect to the shares and I get
>> either unknown user or bad user and bad password. Some combination of
>> both.
>> "bjhow" wrote:
>>
>> I have a Windows 2003 server and several MAC OSX machines that vary from
>> OSX 10.3.39 to the new 10.4- Tiger. I can get the Mac's to bind to AD and
>> I can see that is working but cannot get the MAc's to see any of the
>> shares on the Windows 2003 server. I can safely say the Mac's are
>> kerborized and authenticating them but share's are a no go. Any input
>> would be helpful. I do not have an OS X server or Xserve in the picture.
>> Is this needed in order for the Mac's to get to the shares on the Windows
>> server. Need help.
>>>
> Check your Default Domain and Default Domain Controllers policies to see
> if the "Send unencrypted password to third-party SMB servers" is set to
> disabled. In addition, check the policies for requiring SMB signing
> (sorry, can't remember the exact policy name right off the top of my
> head). These options will cause Mac OS X, which uses Samba, to be unable
> to access shares on a server running Windows Server 2003. (Note that
> these settings will affect any Samba client, including Mac OS X, Linux,
> *BSD, etc.)
>
> In addition, you may need to make sure that all your share names are less
> than 12 characters in length and do not have any spaces.
>
> HTH.
>
> --
> Scott Lowe

  • Re: VPN access to network file shares
    ... "The file shares are on a server running Windows Small Business Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows domain user is sometimes denied access to server share
    ... I would also check the server with the share security log ... He can access the shares that do not have security on them OK, ... with windows user and or windows group accounts. ...
  • Re: W2K Server to W2K3 Server migration - looking for advice
    ... rename the server back to that of the original server? ... wondering if renaming a server affetcs the shares or permissions. ... your plan for upgrade domain ... > controllers from Windows 2000 to 2003 sounds good. ...
  • Re: Applied patches, and network share on copier now inaccessible
    ... I just don't understand how any Windows update on the server could block ... You said that you had a problem when you "try to access the network shares ... Does your copier actually have a hard drive in it that stores ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Computer in a Workgroup Access in a Domain Setting
    ... > Windows XP or even a Windows 2003], and before it is added to the ... > shares if the right domain credentials are manually given. ... Look at the permissions on the file shares of your domain server. ... isn't a local user on the domain server that has ...
    (microsoft.public.security)