RE: DC fail to startup after reboot

"Jose" wrote
thanks for all the help, I had to rebuild the server again.

"kevw" wrote:

> I take it that you can only boot to DS restore mode? If so, then you can't
> run DC Promo from there. So my response to this previous post on this forum:
>
> Subject: HELP - Must Remove AD but can only access DSRMode! 4/25/2005
> 10:28 AM PST
>
> Some additional steps before you bring this machine back in the domain.
> First, if the downed DC held and FSMO roles go ahead and seize the FSMO roles
> on the other machine:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216498
>

> Second, you will need to do a metadata cleanup in AD on the other machine:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255504
>
> HTH
>
> kevw
>
> "Jamur53" wrote:
>
> > I have a primary dc that had a bad hard drive, after replacing the drive
> > the tech onsite reboot the machine causing an error with NTDS files.
> >
> > I ran ntdsutil files info -- all files show in the right directory
> > then ran semantic database analysis -- I get an error that jet -501
> > failed to start
> >
> > ran esentuil /p path location --Operation completed successfully in
> > 15.328 seconds.
> >
> > file maintenance: recover
> > Executing Command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\esentutl.exe /redb
> > /l"C:\WINDOWS\NTDS" /s
> > "C:\WINDOWS\NTDS" /8 /o
> >
> > Initiating RECOVERY mode...
> > Logfile base name: edb
> > Log files: C:\WINDOWS\NTDS
> > System files: C:\WINDOWS\NTDS
> >
> > Performing soft recovery...
> >
> > Operation terminated with error -501 (JET_errLogFileCorrupt, Log file is
> > corrupt
> > ) after 1.859 seconds.
> >
> > Is there a way to rebuild the database... if not
> >
> > can i do dcpromo /forceremove... I do have a second dc running.

  • Re: Federer and his exhibition matches
    ... stamina/speed and rebuild his game. ... For him to waste his time playing ... He still needs to travel, prepare, interrupt his recovery time, etc. ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: Federer and his exhibition matches
    ... stamina/speed and rebuild his game. ... For him to waste his time playing ... He still needs to travel, prepare, interrupt his recovery time, etc. ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: Federer and his exhibition matches
    ... stamina/speed and rebuild his game. ... For him to waste his time playing ... He still needs to travel, prepare, interrupt his recovery time, etc. ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: Need copy of XP Home edition
    ... > rebuild a new hard drive since the machine has a license ... > but it came with an HP Recovery CD? ... I am trying to rebuild with minimal cost. ... Just a Windows XP HOme Edit CD to get ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Federer and his exhibition matches
    ... stamina/speed and rebuild his game. ... He still needs to travel, prepare, interrupt his recovery time, etc. ... stamina and strength should be followed by another recovery time, ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)