Re: User permission on local computer

From: Phillip Renouf (PhillipRenouf_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/21/05

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:27:01 -0800

You can use the Restricted Groups polcy to push it out to the workstations,
but I would warn against it as that policy does not 'add' users/groups to the
admin group on the workstation, it replaces the contents of the admin group
with whatever you specify in the Restricted Groups GPO.

Also, when you do this I would suggest creating a group and adding the group
to the Local Admin account. That way if you need to give another user access,
or the teachers change you can easily manage it without having to go through
the trouble to finding a way to add another user to that group.

Phil