Re: Branch Office Setup

From: Sarbjit Singh Gill (ssgill.NO.SPAM_at_NO.SPAM.hotmail.com)
Date: 11/11/04

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:00:03 +0800

For Windows 2003:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/deployguide/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/deployguide/en-us/dssbd_topo_dljo.asp

Welcome to Designing and Deploying Directory and Security Services of the
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Deployment Kit.

Remember to design with security in mind right from the beginning. Hence the
above Guide includes security. Also since you are going to be dealing with
VPN, security comes into the picture again.

Also with VPN, go ahead and look at ISA2004. It is going to automate a lot
of the VPN-Active-Directory-Branch-Office connectivity" scenarios.
Here is just a sample of ISA 2004 stuff which relates to AD deployment.

(Site-To-Site VPN with ISA 2004).
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/isa/2004/plan/sitetositevpn.mspx

Cheers
Sarbjit Singh Gill