Changing User Password Problems.

From: MOOSE (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/06/04

Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 06:14:31 -0700

I found a thread further on the discussion. It was old
user accounts from an Old Migration from Novell to NT4, 5
years ago.

By using the command "Net user <username> /fpnw:no" clears
the problem. FPNW is File Print NetWare.

It looks like the older accounts where holding onto some
of the old Netware attributes.

Thanks

Moose
the
>user to change the password. The error that comes up when
>we try to change the password on a user in ADUC is:
>"Windows cannot complete the password change
>for "username" because:The specified module cannot be
>found". But it does actually change the password, but
>leaves the error.
>
>Many Thanks
>
>Moose
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Sending email to mydomain.com
    ... They do not offer an smtp server, ... different from the user account names for the exchange ... I added one user account in the POP3 Mailbox Accounts ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Critical e-mail problem.
    ... I upgraded from Win2K Server to WinSBS2003 on my desktop ... of my POP3 e-mail accounts as an Exchange Server account. ... I found that I was only receiving mail from the Exchange ... your Outlook profile will have Exchange as its default (and this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Critical e-mail problem.
    ... I upgraded from Win2K Server to WinSBS2003 on my desktop ... of my POP3 e-mail accounts as an Exchange Server account. ... I found that I was only receiving mail from the Exchange ... your Outlook profile will have Exchange as its default (and this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Integrated security - why not?
    ... Let me explain why we seldom use Integrated Security for Internet asp.net ... how could we setup accounts for them? ... !server to the public network with services such as SQL Server (remember SQL ... The DC at the ISP is not for our own use. ...
  • Re: mailbox disabled
    ... When the user accounts on the server were initially created the client ... e-mail from outside the network would receive the "mailbox has been ... had been told the mailbox was disabled on the recipient ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)