From: Elvis (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/02/04

Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 10:30:58 -0700

Hi,

I have setup a WAN to use Intrasite replication (AD
W2K3).....using RPC...I have noticed that not all windows
2000 SP4 workstations authenticate against a domain
controller in the same physical site as the
workstations....some workstations will authenticate
againt another DC in another site location....I
understand that I am using INTRAsite replication but I
would have thought that windows is smart enough to find
the closest DC and not authenticate any DC is finds
randomly......If I use INTERsite replication then maybe
the w2k pro machines will consistantly authenticate
against the local DC....
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanking You
Elvis