Re: Windows 2003 DCPROMO Problem

From: Mark Renoden [MSFT] (markreno_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/28/04

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:31:58 +1000

Hi Nejmos

I was under the impression that you have existing Windows 2000 Domain
Controllers and you want to add a Windows Server 2003 Domain Controller.
The forestprep and domainprep were successful. You're now having trouble
running DCPromo on a 2003 member server. Is this correct?

If it is correct, remove from the domain (move to workgroup), delete the
computer account, allow the deletion to replicate to other Domain
Controllers and then try the dcpromo again.

If I don't understand the situation correctly, please explain in more
detail.

Kind regards

--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]