Re: Media Center Receiver Service problem

Jaime;4926879 Wrote:
Take a deep breath and read this KB fix, that has been posted on MS
site
since 2003?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330132
--
James
Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen."

"Master_Spade" <Master_Spade.4a91lb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Whenever I start the PC, Notepad starts with this in it:
"[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\System32\Shell32.dll,-21787"

Then the pop ups start EVERY 5 SECONDS!!!!

I've seen older threads about this going back to 2006. I've read
through
them, but no one seems to have a solution yet. Well, it's now 2010
and
it seems that people are still being annoyed. Only question is, what
is
more annoying:

1. The pop ups every 5 seconds

2. The fact that Microsoft seems to NOT CARE!!!???? WHY can't they
fix
this already??

I've tried googling for answers, but the only thing I find are people
like me trying to resolve this.

Anyone successfully find a way to fix this?

--
Master_Spade

Master_Spade's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/96093.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/mediacenter/1332800.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Thanks for the response. I should've mentioned that before I got on
here, I tried that "solution" from Microsoft. Specifically, I tried the
First one they give that would Solve the problem. It didn't work.
The Second Method they give seems to only mask the problem, and not
solve it. I don't want to just pretend that everything is ok when there
is something wrong that needs to be fixed before it causes more damage.

For anyone else that has this problem, I found a way to at least DELAY
those pop-ups from appearing every 5 seconds. Instead of pressing the
Cancel button, which will only make it reappear in 5 seconds, press the
"Send Error Report" button and then leave it alone. Don't press the
"Close" button afterward. This will delay the next pop-up for almost a
minute. BIG difference!!

--
Master_Spade
Master_Spade's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/96093.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/mediacenter/1332800.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: about blank virus-how to get rid of it!
    ... You have a nasty one. ... The Microsoft ... but I have yet to try this fix. ... I am getting pop-ups all ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • "Save As" delay in office 2003
    ... there is a delay of aroud 45 seconds? ... the KB but they say to there is a "hot fix" available from microsoft but they ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Office 0day
    ... more and continue consulting for microsoft rather than criminal networks. ... to fix the product if it is flawed. ... That is like me trying to argue that after going to a car mechanic, ... "Members of the jury, by keeping quiet about the bug and not shipping a patch, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: Message deferrals from EHS
    ... We enable the message tracing on Exchange to see if the delay email ... mostly this is a EHS issue or your firewall issue. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
  • Re: spooler not starting
    ... If it still fails to run then maybe the hotfix is ... in that case you will have to call Microsoft for the fix. ... Lexmark tech support to download and install the fix. ...