Re: S-video TV tuner setup in Vista Ultimate MC
- From: "Jaime" <nospamfor-jaimelobo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:12:46 -0400
"Goody" <Goody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B2B1F2E7-1F8D-400E-842E-2AD023927BEF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My second question... Within Vista MC, is there a means of recording one
channel while viewing another?
I state "within Vista" because yes one can setup a recording entry in the
software provided by either DViCO or Hauppauge and then start Vista MC and
view live TV. But using Vista MC alone, the "Add recording time" does not
appear to allow me to select which tuner to use. And the consequence is that
if I choose to watch a different channel than what has been set to record, I
am warned that I am presently recording and that switching will end my
So, though two tuners were indeed setup, I have not learned of how that
works within Vista.
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
You don't need to "Switch" between the tuners, if the system is setup correct, it is tranparent to the user. If you are watching Live TV and a recording is set up, the system grabs the available tuner to use. Likewise for a situation where two shows are set up to record concurrently. Of course if one tuner is only an analog tuner receiving the standard cable through coax and the other is an OTA digital card, you couldn't record one of those digital station if you are already using it to record or watch digital.
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey!"), FL
- Prev by Date: Re: OP System 'sees' Blank DVD as CD & empty USB Drive as full
- Next by Date: XP service pack 3 - error message
- Previous by thread: Re: S-video TV tuner setup in Vista Ultimate MC
- Next by thread: Re: S-video TV tuner setup in Vista Ultimate MC