Re: vista, extender not found?!?!
- From: Barb Bowman <barb@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 05:34:11 -0400
ok, so let's examine the wireless setup.
1. On the router: did you change the name of the SSID from Linksys
or whatever belkin defaults to something unique?
2. did you setup WPA or WPA2 security as opposed to being extremely
vulnerable using the default of no security?
so, now on the laptop
3. are both wired and wireless active? you should not use wireless
on both ends. i know you said you hardwired the laptop but.. please
disable wireless temporarily
right click the wireless connection and then disable
4. reboot with only the ethernet plugged in to the router
5. check in network center and change to Private
6 NOW try the extender setup again
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:48:01 -0700, jason.young4
i bought a belkin wireless router, and still doing the same thing!--
error: Windows Media Center Extender setup cannot configure the Windows
Media Center PC for use with the Extender. Error code: -107.
wireless laptop (vista premium) to linksys WRT54G xbox is hard wired. under
networks i see the xbox, but it still will not connect. I do get the 8 digit
I have tried everything... opened ports, stopped all firewalls... dont know
what to do from here
- Prev by Date: Re: 26" flat pannel TV to be used as a monitor?
- Next by Date: Re: MacMini as a Media Center PC?
- Previous by thread: Re: vista, extender not found?!?!
- Next by thread: Re: vista, extender not found?!?!