Re: help line sys individuals should not buy Xp MCE for personal use
- From: "Tom Lake" <tlake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:16:49 -0400
"jlmsg" <jlmsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I finally found Windows XP Media Center edition 2005. but was confused by 2
options 1) just oem 2) 3pk oem. was refered to pre-sale help @
was told that XP MCE oem should not be sold to individuals becuase it
to many hardware requirement for an indivdual to handle.
But I tried to buy a new computer w/ XP MCE and it was not available.
Can a computer be build by an individual w/ xp mce, w/o to much trouble?
Please advise what complicated hardware is required?
more confused that ever!
I have an OEM of MCE (love the alphabet soup!) and the only thing I added to
was a Hauppauge (sp?) PVR-500 dual TV card and I had to buy a third-party
MPEG decoder for $19.95. No big deal.
Links to Decoder available at
- Prev by Date: Re: Windows Server 2003 enterprise edition
- Next by Date: Re: help line sys individuals should not buy Xp MCE for personal use
- Previous by thread: Re: TV Tuner
- Next by thread: Re: help line sys individuals should not buy Xp MCE for personal use