RE: HD TV through Xbox 360

Hi Mark:
Correct..........H.D. signals from an antenna only. I know........I'm
disappointed too......bought an HDCP Gateway widescreen monitor, Vista Home
Premium, latest Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, the latest Intel Media motherboard
and was just waiting a cable card HD tv tuner to come out so I could continue
to watch tv over cable by just picking up a card from Comcast when the
transition to HD arrived. Pffffffft!!!!!!!!!

xiowan.........in tucson

"Mark" wrote:

Again...confused.

Isn't OTA what I get through the cable box? Or is it through an antenna
only... So NO cable box?

Mark

"xiowan" wrote:

Hi Mark:
I believe Vista only supports "over-the-air" HD programming just as it was
in MCE2005. The exception to this is to buy a new "cable card certified" pc
that utilizes a cable or satelite provider access card. The last I heard
they were hard to come by and were having problems getting them to work.
This solution is the only way to protect the "digital media rights" of
content providers..........otherwise the high quality digital signal could be
copied and mass produced & sold without the right to do so, resulting in
great financial loss to the owners of the protected content.

xiowan...........in tucson

"Mark" wrote:

**Yes, I searched the forums for an answer and got confused - so I will post**

O.k.. been a user of MCE since 2002 and have upgraded all along - all the
way to now Vista Home Premium. I am finally moving to HD TV with a new 50"
Panasonic Plasma 1080p.

Question is: I have a standard PVR/TV tuner in my HP Media Center running
Vista Home Premium in my office that is Wired to the Xbox 360 in the Living
Room. I'd like to upgrade to a HDTV tuner in the PC so I can watch HD TV
stations in the Living Room. Mainly ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX HDTV Broadcasts. I
have Comast HD Box in the Office connected to the Desktop.

Which tuner should I buy to watch HD broadcasts over the Xbox 360 extended?
Or can I? I read so much about OTA HD and ATSC and NTSC, that I am now
confused...

Basically, if I get an HDTV tuner/pvr can I watch Comcast Channel 234
(ABC-HD) in the Living Room? :-) Will I get 720p, 1080p, 1080i? Will it
look good on my new Panny.. :-)

Thanks,

Mark

  • Re: Sharing on XP MCE2005
    ... I'm looking at getting XP Media Centre 2005 with a Vista Home Premium upgrade coupon, and was wondering if I will still be able to access my shared and private folders from my other pc's, once I have upgraded to media centre, and then when I finally upgrade to Vista Home Premium later in the year, once it more stable. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Upgrade/Migration from XP Pro to a Multi Media Center Edition
    ... In that case should I go for XP media center 2005 or Vista home premium? ... MCE 2005 has been around for a long while. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Retail Media + OEM serial (both legit) = No activation.
    ... the computer manufacturer would have included some means of restoring the computer to its original ex-factory condition. ... If there was no media, then there was most likely a hidden hard drive partition containing a Recovery image. ... DVD/license (OEM, Volume, retail, full, or Upgrade) with which they are purchased. ... For example, a Vista Home OEM Product Key won't work for any retail version of Vista Home, or for other any version of Vista, and vice versa. ...
  • Re: Removing Welcome and login screen
    ... I have Vista Home Premium, but I don't have the selection of "Users ... I was able to get rid of the welcome/login screen in Windows Vista Home ...
  • Re: "Access is denied" trying to connect to IIS7 - any ideas?
    ... I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, and have managed to negotiate the ... The idea is the non-server OS's are ... The problem may well be as simple as the pairing of IIS and Vista Home ... Premium will not support multiple websites. ...