Re: Xbox360 (Media Center) being blocked by Norton

I'd avoid using Norton if I were you, but if you MUST insist on using that
software....

See if any of the tips here help.
Media Center Extenders vs Firewalls (MCE2005 and Vista)
http://jtsang.blogspot.com/2006/06/media-center-extenders-vs-firewalls.html

--
Gary Tsang
http://www.gtsang.com

Microsoft MVP - Windows Media Center
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp

"jamie pryer" <jamie pryer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi All,
SOrry if this has been asked before, but i couldnt find it.
Im trying to connect my 360 to my Media Center PC, but norton gets in the
way (if i disable norton it works fine)
I have added all the stuff as advised on the xbox website, but still no
luck!
Any help would be great :)

  • Re: XBOX Extender update installation problem
    ... It kept telling me that I had Norton ... Firewall installed and that I needed to open ports. ... the Xbox was talking to the Media ... Follow the instructions to remove Media Center Extender. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Xbox 360 cant connect to my MCE 2005
    ... not to be mean get rid of Norton and get a real antivirus program. ... Downloaded the Media Center Extender software and ran it. ... Opened up all the ports on both of them that the troubleshooter ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Windows Media Center
    ... that to prevent the Media Center Intro from continually popping up. ... and Windows Firewall and Windows ... Disabling Norton is not enough. ... >>> opens ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Unable to read cards in flash card reader
    ... You also might want to contact Norton tech support about restoring ... an error for whichever slot has a card in it saying internal error. ... happen with a single media card? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • RE: Symantec AntiVirus Worm Hole Puts Millions at Risk
    ... Norton Ghost 10), Norton GoBack 4.1 and Norton SystemWorks 2006 and i have ... pleasure in using Symantec software regardless of the image it portrays ... the media seeks to create mountains out of molehills and ... You and I pay for it. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)