Re: video card for tv output

If you plan to upgrade to a HDTV tuner card in the future I reccoment the
new NVIDIA 8500GT card you can get one for around $100.

"JimH" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am a newcomer and just updated to a new dell E521 with integrated
graphics, a 22 inch monitor at 1680x 1150 resolution and ATI 650 pro tv
tuner
running vista home premium. Want to use MCE as a PVR and it works great
with
output to monitor but now want to also output to conventional 38 inch TV
via
either S or component cables. Realize I now need to add video card to do
it.

I am not a gamer and objective is simply to get a high quality tv picture
at a reasonable price. TV input currently cable but likely will upgrade to
HD
with upgrade of TV in next year so card should handle both scenarios.

Appreciate recommendations based on first hand experience.

  • Re: upgrading my pc?
    ... Yes, new computers are cheap... ... It's hard to say whether another 512MB of RAM will improve anything for you. ... If your going to upgrade your graphics card they start at the low end $70 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Help me choose S775 board please
    ... but for me it's an upgrade, mind you pen and paper would be an upgrade as well.. ... All I need from board is half decent on board sound 6 x SATA sockets, 2 PCI slots, PATA socket, floppy socket, as many usb ports on the back as poss, I am not a gamer so just a simple single x16 pcie slot is needed and will not need the crossfire option, I would like 2 x PCI slots but other then that i don't know what is best to look for. ... I know this is laughable given I'm buying old tech but I'd like it to be as future proof as poss and buy that i mean have a spare PCIe slots so i can add stuff like USB3 card later in life, ... I wanted (two video card slots), for the same purpose as you, some ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: 754 or 939?
    ... two years or I can get a 939 that in two years, I can upgrade the CPU, ... My thinking will become much clearer when the Vista public beta comes out ... I have an AGP card now, and it supports Aero Glass, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: 754 or 939?
    ... for two years or I can get a 939 that in two years, I can upgrade the CPU, ... My thinking will become much clearer when the Vista public beta ... then I guess I'll probably do a video card upgrade and ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: What Dell desktop to select for future motherboard upgrades
    ... network card, USB cards, video card, ... ... I can go change this same motherboard quite a few times. ... making the transition from ATX to BTX form factor systems, ... you will not find an upgrade motherboard. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)