Re: Restricted Content - The video playback device does not support playback

Bizarrely enough, it fixed its self overnight. I had rebooted and tested everything and it was still failing, but today it's ok.

"Knox" <thorn99KILLCAPS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2FAA675B-E262-4002-97E5-76998706318A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I get that incredibly frustrating message:

Restricted Content - The video playback device does not support playback for restricted content

From the extender. I had this situation two years ago and now it is re-occuring on HBO. Of course, rollup 1 fixed it the first time around.

My setup is up-to-date. I have a single Linksys Extender with firmware 1.01. Media Center is at Rollup 2. I only have the problem on HBO and it only occurs when they actually are broadcasting the show. In other words, when The Sopranos starts playing. I can see the content just fine on the Media Center computer. If the cable operator, Comcast, or HBO is setting the bit, which I assume they are, then does that mean by design I'm not supposed to be able to see restricted content in an extender?

I tried reflashing the extender with 1.01 which did not help.

I also tried searching this group for this problem, but everyone that seemed to have it was lacking rollup 1.

TIA,

Knox

.