Re: Restricted Content - The video playback device does not support playback

Bizarrely enough, it fixed its self overnight. I had rebooted and tested everything and it was still failing, but today it's ok.

"Knox" <thorn99KILLCAPS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2FAA675B-E262-4002-97E5-76998706318A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I get that incredibly frustrating message:

Restricted Content - The video playback device does not support playback for restricted content

From the extender. I had this situation two years ago and now it is re-occuring on HBO. Of course, rollup 1 fixed it the first time around.

My setup is up-to-date. I have a single Linksys Extender with firmware 1.01. Media Center is at Rollup 2. I only have the problem on HBO and it only occurs when they actually are broadcasting the show. In other words, when The Sopranos starts playing. I can see the content just fine on the Media Center computer. If the cable operator, Comcast, or HBO is setting the bit, which I assume they are, then does that mean by design I'm not supposed to be able to see restricted content in an extender?

I tried reflashing the extender with 1.01 which did not help.

I also tried searching this group for this problem, but everyone that seemed to have it was lacking rollup 1.

TIA,

Knox

  • Re: Xbox DRM Issue
    ... What version of the Xbox Extender software do you have? ... Can you view HBO on your Media Center pc? ... My equipment is a MCE pc with a Hauppage 150, regular Xbox ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • RE: Recording Issues
    ... > currently able to access protected content from channels such as HBO. ... >> channels on media center and I can on my media center PC but when I go ... >> Is this just a setup issue or does the extender act different than the Media ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: MMC
    ... I changed: System Cryptography: Use FIPS Compliant Algorithms for Encryption, Hashing and Signing back to Disabled, tested Xbox' MCE and I could get in with no problems. ... If I run the network test it tells me it has slow performance. ... I have also tried WMP11 media sharing and it works fine for video and music. ... the time that you tried to add the Xbox 360 as an Extender. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • MMC
    ... I changed: System Cryptography: Use FIPS Compliant Algorithms for Encryption, Hashing and Signing back to Disabled, tested Xbox' MCE and I could get in with no problems. ... I have also tried WMP11 media sharing and it works fine for video and music. ... the time that you tried to add the Xbox 360 as an Extender. ... I think I found it there was a setting in Group Policy that stopped the xbox ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: "Invalid Connection Data" Message XBOX 360 acting as an MCE
    ... I do not believe that uninstalling the Extender software and reinstalling ... I moved the MachineKeys folder to another location and retried the Media ... Center Connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)