Re: Please help me reformat!

This Article may help:"Format XP on Dell Laptops Guide: Step by Sstep Guide
to Reformatting and Installing XP". Go to:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=88032#formatting

You need to Restart the computer using the Manufacturer's Disc as the Boot
Disc.

"Fred" <Fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1200, running Windows XP SP2, and every time I
try
to reformat using the disc that came with the computer, I wind up creating
new instance of Windows, so at this point I've got a few different
instances
on my hard drive that I can't use, access, or delete. I'm down to under 2
gigs on this latest instance of Windows, with like 25 used by old
inaccessible programs. How do I go about deleting all that "garbage" from
my
C drive? I've looked into boot disks and such, but I don't have a Floppy
Drive, nor do I know how to access DOS. Any help is greatly appreciated.

  • Re: how do i format and not lose office
    ... If you have the disc and the code you can reinstall on the same machine ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... >> The first doesn't suggests that defragging is unnecessary, only that>> speed increases due to defragging are exaggerated. ... Windows XP has virtually eliminated the need>> for reformatting. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Blue screen while copying in Remote Desktop
    ... laptop) as part of my general maintenance routine. ... After reformatting, ... I am running Windows XP Professional SP2 on both systems, ... the latest versions of their respective chipsets, video drivers, network ...
  • RE: Formatting The Hard Drive!
    ... Ok, first off, yes completely reformatting your hard drive will kill the ... Windows starts there should be a prompt to boot from cd (provided your bios ... After that, just follow the instructions, install Windows and you should be ... I have NERO ver. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Windows XP will not start after installing April updates
    ... And as far as "blame" when using any machine you can expect glitches & such ... but when a trusted cooperation such as Microsoft causes so many computers to ... let you know that even after reformatting there are still some serious ... boot-up process and Windows XP begins to start. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: how do i format and not lose office
    ... > increases due to defragging are exaggerated. ... Windows XP has virtually eliminated the need for reformatting ... > could be during a defrag, but could equally occur during backup or while ... > defragging that does not occur during normal heavy disc use. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)