Re: IR Hardware not found for Dish311 satellite box
- From: NormanM <spammers.are@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:50:13 -0800
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:20:41 -0800, John P wrote:
Okay, I understand that part....The coax has to go through the set top box to
have reception, since it's satellite. The tuner is finding the signal and
during setup showing it in a small box, but then will go no further.....
Perhaps the question I should be asking is exactly what is the system
looking for? What is IR hardware? I have the IR receiver that came with the
PC attached and working....i.e. the MCE remote works with it just fine. The
remote for the satellite box works with it.
What am i missing?
I have run into a similar problem with DirecTV. I don't know about Dish, but
with DirecTV I need an STB that will work with MCE. Apparently, the ancient
(over ten years old) STB we currently have is incompatible; and, nearly as I
can tell from the DirecTV site, I'd need a super-duper $299 replacement STB
to work with MCE.
If your STB _is_ compatible, I have no other ideas at the moment.
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
- Prev by Date: Re: Vista Movie maker error from importing dvr-ms files
- Next by Date: Re: CPU Utilization - Xbox 360 Extender Vista Media Center
- Previous by thread: Re: IR Hardware not found for Dish311 satellite box
- Next by thread: Re: IR Hardware not found for Dish311 satellite box