Re: DvD problems

It sounds like you may have a hardware problem. Explorer locking happens
sometimes with scratched or badly burnt CD or DVDs. Try some other type
media and see if it's read properly.

"R Angelo" <RAngelo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello all, I've bought a new computer and it came with Windows Media
Center
already loaded in.

So this week I drop down to Blockbuster and rent 'Inside Man' drop it in
and
nothing happens. I check the DVD and it's blank, then Explorer locks and
crashes. Curse and try again. Same result, I check one of my own DVDs
(Serenity) exactlly the same problem, I check a few more of my own DVDs
and
get the same result.

So what is going on? The only thing I've been able to find is a comment
that
Windows Media Center has a DRM problem but I can't find a solution. I
bought
this computer to play my DVDs and now I find that I can't??

Is there a work around or solution, heck is anyone else having this
problem?

Thanks in advance.

R Angelo.

  • Re: Easy tips for scanning slide for print media?
    ... DVDs are a two layer plastic sandwich with ... The problem with any "projected media life" which is all we have ... the real life contaminates and your projected lifetime is out the ... that you have to make projections based on what are really limited ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)
  • Re: 10.4 -> 10.7? Impossible?
    ... From what Apple has revealed so far. ... Apple will always include restore media in some form, ... Mass-produced DVDs are still cheaper than USB flash drives, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: No Dvd option in Movie Maker 2
    ... Not having a MCE to try, papjohn may be able to help more, as he has one. ... MVP Digital Media ... Although I can burn ... > DVDs via the Media Center interface, MM does not show an option to burn ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Sony DVD Changer and HP Pavilion a1460n
    ... One thing that does seem to happen with OEM installs is the Ident value in the Registry is often wrong. ... I checked the version in Media Center and it was Update Rollup 2. ... It does not give me the My DVDs menu option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Blockbuster picks Blu-Ray - questions
    ... DVDs are sometimes referred to as "software," but that's in reference to ... CD-ROM may contain software, but the physical CD-ROM itself is not ... software, it's a media format. ... "Software" has *always* referred to media: records, tapes, videotapes, laserdiscs, dvds, CDs, etc. ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)