Re: Windows XP MCE and Networks

Does the network use a domain or a workgroup? Workgroups are no problem -
just make sure the workgroup name is set to the same on both ends. As for
domains, that's generally disabled in MCE but can be reenabled with a hack.
There's a link on the FAQ page at www.MediaCenterStuff.com or you can search
at www.TheGreenButton.com.

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Lost in Chengdu" <Lost in Chengdu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:C645C97E-BBEA-4A10-8B73-952572FC341D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am a consultant working in China with a 2005 MCE laptop. I cannot get it
to connect to a small office XP network. The IT guy says that the server
cannot see it and when he pings the server, he can't see the server. He
says
that it must be because it is a MCE computer. I don't believe him. Any
suggestions?

.