Re: I still can not get the tv set up for my computer Please help Blon

Your gonna need more cables...

Run the incoming video coax into the splitter. From there, run one to the
cable modem, and one to each of your set top boxes...

Note: Some cable modems prefer to be upstream of the splitter, or require a
2-way splitter, or something like that - you'd need to check with your cable
company about yours. Then from the set top boxes, run sVideo and audio
cables to your two Media Center tuners.

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Help with Media Center Demo"
<HelpwithMediaCenterDemo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ok, it does recognize that I have a box.

I got a second cable box
I have a cable modem
I have 3 coax cables
a 3 way spliter

I have tried every configuration of stringing these coax cables I can
think
of.
Its so confusing. I guess I have book smarts but not common sense as my
15
year old will say; lol

Can anyone give me step by step instructions for setting this up.

I also have a wireless router which I will have to hook up when I get my
laptop back but let leave that out for now. I dont think I can think
about
that right now.
I have spent hours working on this. By the way I had another problem with
the "Center" tutorial interrupting other programs. I just could not make
it
go away and could not find anyone on the net that had the same problem.
Sony
had never heard of it either. However, I just want to say their Support
System is Fantastic. They called me back last night. Can you believe
that.

  • Re: cable signal
    ... then split signals after the amp only. ... Also ensure that your splitter is a 1GHZ bi-directional splitter. ... From there, one signal goes to the cable modem, and 3 go to ... >>I had previous problems getting any cable modem signal when the cables ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: What do these numbers on a cable splitter really mean?
    ... I have been having problems with my cable modem. ... There is a three way splitter on the line coming in from you pole. ... All you have to do is unscrew the cables, ... I would have to put in one signal amplifier (or ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Best cable splitting strategy.
    ... 2-way splitter at location A and a 2-way splitter at location B. ... You cant use a cable modem after an amplifier. ... Anytime I have seen an installation that seems to need an amplifier it can be fixed by clipping off all of the twist on coax connectors, terminating the cables properly and using quality splitters that are arranged properly. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: newbie gateway question
    ... I believe your Cable Modem does have an ethernet port as well. ... formerly straight cables were used to connect DTE to DCE. ... Host where someone on a email client writes a message. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How would you split a coax cable at the end?
    ... >>> Initially I had the coax cable feed into the VCR then from VCR another ... I want to avoid attaching the splitter to the current ... >>> port then run two cables. ...
    (alt.home.repair)