Re: spdif output doesn't allow volume control from the Media Cente

You can control the spdif if you have a MCE remote.
Using the Remote Control Learning Functionality

The TV, VOL +, and VOL – buttons on the remote control for Media Center PC can
“learn” IR commands from other remote controls. This feature lets you use
the TV
button to turn on your TV and the VOL + and VOL - buttons to adjust the
volume on your
TV or another device, such as an audio receiver.
Notes

• By default, the VOL + and VOL - buttons on the remote control for Media
Center PC
control the system volume on your computer, and the TV button has no command
assigned to it until it “learns” one.

• Do not perform this procedure in bright natural or artificial light.

To program buttons on the remote control by using the learning feature

1 Place the remote control for Media Center PC head to head (2 to 3 inches
apart)
with the remote control from which it is learning.

2 On the remote control for Media Center PC, press and hold the DVD MENU and
OK
buttons at the same time until the remote control lights turn off
(2 seconds).

The remote is now in learning setup mode.

3 On the remote control for Media Center PC, press and release the TV,
VOL +, or VOL – button, depending on which command you want it to learn.

4 On the remote control that is teaching the command, press and hold the
button that
you want the corresponding button on the remote control for Media Center PC to
learn.
The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm the
selection.
If the remote did not learn the command, the lights blink quickly four
times. To try
again, repeat steps 1 through 4.

5 Repeat steps 1 through 4 for the other buttons that can learn commands.

To restore the default remote control settings

1 Press and hold the DVD MENU button and LEFT navigation button at the same
time
until the remote control for Media Center PC lights turn off.

2 Press the OK button.

The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm that
the buttons
have been reset. The TV button will have no command assigned to it and the
VOL +
and VOL – buttons will adjust the Media Center PC system volume.
If the default settings were not restored, the lights blink quickly four
times. To try
again, repeat steps 1 and 2.

"Tim Guy" wrote:

> "Federico Caselli" <FedericoCaselli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message news:85664CE8-2947-4FEE-AB0E-0FC2FA4CFF4D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > But using the same amplifier connected via digital optical to my dvd
> > player,
> > the volume control of the source works fine!!!
> >

> Not sure about you CD system but I can concur that the volume control on the
> MCE has no control over the SPDIF
>
> Tim

  • Re: Power on/off with remote
    ... SInce the poweroptions in Vista is totalay different from XP, do you have any input for Vista? ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart ... The TV, VOL +, and VOL – buttons on the remote control for Media Center PC can ... The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Power on/off with remote
    ... Actually with most ATX based motherboards, even in "power off" mode, there's some power being drawn. ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart ... The TV, VOL +, and VOL – buttons on the remote control for Media Center PC can ... The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Microsoft MCE 2005 Remote
    ... Using the Remote Control Learning Functionality ... the VOL + and VOL - buttons on the remote control for Media ... depending on which command you want it to learn. ... the lights blink quickly four times. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • RE: Power on/off with remote
    ... Using the Remote Control Learning Functionality ... The TV, VOL +, and VOL – buttons on the remote control for Media Center PC can ... button, depending on which command you want it to learn. ... The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Program the TV Power button on MS Remote?
    ... > with the remote control from which it is learning. ... > 3 On the remote control for Media Center PC, press and release the TV, ... > VOL +, or VOL - button, depending on which command you want it to learn. ... > The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)