Re: Live TV Freezes Media Center

Even easier would be to ftp into Nvidia's site..

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/

Every version (beta or whql'ed), listed for your pleasure.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"JW" <nospam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> The easy way to find an older NVIDIA driver is to just change the URL of a
> current drivers download page to the version number you are looking for/
>
> "Dennis" <Dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hello Moose
>>
>> Thanks for the input, I have been asleep at the wheel after a few days of
>> no
>> additional posts and had not noticed all the activity.
>>
>> I just noticed when I went to find your suggested driver, NVIDIA has a
>> new
>> Windows Media Center driver dated November 14 2005 (version 81.94) and I
>> decided to test it first - It worked for over 20 minutes, I was impress
>> while
>> I watched but I found the system frozen about 2 hours later when I
>> returned
>> to check on its progress. Easily found a 66.81 driver (not the one you
>> suggested) on the NVIDIA site, tested it and it fails too. Just loaded
>> your
>> suggested driver 66.93 as I had a little trouble finding it. Finally had
>> do a search on the NVIDIA site for "66.93 driver" and there it was, I am
>> not
>> sure how you find it with out doing a search --- noted for anyone else
>> looking. The system has frozen once after just a few minutes, restarted
>> the
>> system a second time and it froze in about 15 minutes.
>>

>> Again when I find the fix I will post it, even if it's as simple as check
>> the power cord. :) :)
>>
>> Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, they are all appreciated
>>
>> Dennis
>>

>> "}Moose" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dennis,
>>>
>>> I have had the same problem with FX5xxx cards and it is the driver. The
>>> latest Forceware drivers are broken with MCE2005 on these cards. You
>>> need to
>>> download the 66.93 drivers which work a treat. You can get them from
>>> Nvidia's
>>> driver archive.
>>>
>>> Once I installed these drivers I have never had any problems withe
>>> either a
>>> 5200 or a 5700 ultra. Hope this works for you.
>>>
>>> Rory
>>>
>>> PS - sorry about the empty post before!

  • Re: Need to make sure I have the nvidia proprietary driver running.
    ... I installed the nvidia proprietary drivers in my debian 64bit laptop. ... Any change made in this section will need a server restart ... # The Driver used by Bumblebee server. ... Initializing built-in extension Generic Event Extension ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: nvidia-driver rebooting machine on X startup
    ... Same driver different hw, same os version... ... FreeBSD is a registered trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation. ... acpi0: <Nvidia AWRDACPI> on motherboard ... Identifier "Microsoft_Natural" ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Again: the Nvidia driver does not work with Gnome 3
    ... Driver: 275.09.07 ... It's not quite the same card as yours, ... The last time I did a full install was with Fedora 10. ... Drivers from NVidia ...
    (Fedora)
  • [UNIX] NVIDIA Binary Graphics Driver for Linux Buffer Overflow
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... NVIDIA Binary Graphics Driver for Linux Buffer Overflow ... XRenderCompositeString8 which tells the X server to render glyphs onto the ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Beryl options and nvidia
    ... >>> I have beryl running with nvidia prop. ... indication that the 1.0-9629 beta driver was the first driver to ... provide support for TFP, not that the support was incomplete. ... included) who would gladly help nVidia test beta versions of your ...
    (Fedora)