RE: WMP10 plays DTS DVD but MCE silent - HELP!
- From: Tim <Tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:00:05 -0700
Well, this is certainly a helpful forum.
I've made progress with the problem. For the solution go to the forum where
someone actually responded to my question.
> My system has MCE 2005 with Nvidia decoder. SoundBlaster Live 24bit card
> using coax SPDIF out to JVC home theater receiver.
> Creative Labs' Device Control applet "Decoder tab" set for "SPDIF Passthrough"
> Nvidia's nStant Media Properties Audio tab set as follows: speaker setup: "a
> receiver" "via an SPDIF cable", advanced settings: "allow 24 bits" "DTS audio
> out is Method 1 data mode SPDIF"
> When I play a DVD using Windows Media Player 10, go to the DVD's audio setup
> screen and select DTS, and then play the actual movie the JVC receiver
> automatically detects that the incoming signal is DTS, switches to its 5.1
> display, and sound comes out all speakers as expected.
> When I play the same DVD in MCE 2005 and take the same steps stereo audio is
> heard until I select DTS whereupon SILENCE.
- Prev by Date: Re: If I have two analog tuners can I add a HD tuner and use the MCE EPG for both
- Next by Date: Learning mce remote
- Previous by thread: RE: WMP10 plays DTS DVD but MCE silent - HELP!
- Next by thread: Uninstalling an HP Extender