unable to connect to server

I have xp /SP1 on my pc. I used to go a chat room but recently I am unalble
to do so as I always get message:
unable to connect to server
Firewall client is disabled. This all happened when I connected to work
recently and I guess some settings from my PC got in sync with work settings.
If this is not correct newsgroup, sorry, if I can get some directions as
where to ask for help. I tried to fix this myself but I am not that good with
all these settings.
thanks

  • Re: unable to connect to server
    ... > Firewall client is disabled. ... > work settings. ... Have you contacted the support for the "chat room" you are trying to use? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • unable to connect to server
    ... I used to go a chat room but recently I am unable ... recently and I guess some settings from my PC got in sync with work settings. ... I tried to fix this myself but I am not that good with ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: The Halloween Chat Room
    ... Java is promoted as the language where you "write ... Any issues I've helped out with were either Windows security settings ... or bad Java installs / settings (normally default ... If you log in to the chat room you ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Server Agent Not Accessible from PPC
    ... Connections, in the Work Settings click on Modify select the Proxy ... Settings tab and give the IP and HTTP port number in Advanced settings. ... After this try 3rd point in Darren's post to hit any web site. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce)
  • outlook express
    ... the right chat room but i'm having a problem with outlook ... checked my settings with me and said it's not. ... call dell but i'm always on hold. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)