Re: 16:9 capability of MCE

From: Matt Bai (mattbai_at_u)
Date: 05/13/04

Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:04:55 -0400

You'll have to get PowerStrip to use custom 16:9 resolutions.
http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm for the program. Have a look at
http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/experttips/markrejhon/htpc_superguide.html
for a brieft tutorial about tuning the resolution and vid card timings for
HDTV setups.

Matt

"Jeff" <pasjeff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> New to MCE. Love the features and capabilities but can't get it to
produce a 16:9 output to my projector or TV.

> Have a Boxlight/studio experience Matinee 2HD (native resolution 1280 x
720) and a toshiba 30HF83 TV which is 480p, 540p or 1080i capable. ATI
radeon 9600xt video card.

> autodetect on computer and projector give 1024 x 768, 60 Hz refresh as the
max supported resolution. Force resolutions gives me options of 1280 x 768
(fits vertically but have to scroll to see the lateral portions of the
screen) but no 1280 x 720 (the native resolution of my projector).

> Thanks in advance for any possible answers.
>
> Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: creating personalized screen resolutions for a proyector on 16:9
    ... screen resolution to mach the proyection canvas ... touch screens (at least in windows mobile). ... Ensure that the new projector can project 16:9 images in the resolution you want by reading the manual and finding out how to set the projector to do so if it does not automatically accept the change from the computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Pro film dropping faster then consumer
    ... or their distance from the screen/contact print. ... I think 4K is the limit of reasonable resolution, in that any more will either look soft, or contain detail information so small that 90% of the audience will not see it. ... I think I mentioned this previously, while the projector cost is one issue, the person running a digital projector needs to be more highly skilled than someone running a film projector. ...
    (rec.photo.equipment.35mm)
  • Re: Powerpoint 2000 question about monitor and projector resolution
    ... Just set your laptop resolution to match the projector resolution - ... I don't think you can include random transitions, ... Geetesh Bajaj, Microsoft PowerPoint MVP ... I don't know the resolution of the projector that the church has. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Projecting Slides
    ... But I have seen some terrific demonstrations of high resolution slideshows at the tradeshows such as PMA. ... Obviously, you could just put digital pictures into your projector as a full screen image from your laptop or PC, but what you want to do is a slideshow program with image and sound, that plays as edited and produced. ... It is kind of like in the old days when we shot slides because they looked so great on a big screen for a large audience - only now we have full control over the images, able to correct exposure and color, add titles, music, etc in ways never dreamed of with our old Kodak slide projectors. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Full screen mode MCE2005
    ... Website for projector is ... If I adjust Windows resolution to 1280 x 720 at 60Hz, ... However, when I go into MCE, I can't get the image to take up the full ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)