version 2002 or 2004 ???

From: Dale (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/09/04

Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:38:28 -0800

Just bought a Sony PCV-RZ49. Computer has a
Microsoft "Certificate of Authenticity" sticker on the
back that says "Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 (1-2
CPU) Sony Corporation." Included on the sticker are a
product key, and, I assume, a serial number.

When I access system information in control panel, it
says "Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version
2002 Service Pack 1."

I assume that system properties would correctly identify
what's running the machine. Correct?

Why the discrepancy? Do I have 2002 or 2004? Is there
enough difference for me to raise a stink?

Thanks!

Dale