version 2002 or 2004 ???

From: Dale (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/09/04

Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:38:28 -0800

Just bought a Sony PCV-RZ49. Computer has a
Microsoft "Certificate of Authenticity" sticker on the
back that says "Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 (1-2
CPU) Sony Corporation." Included on the sticker are a
product key, and, I assume, a serial number.

When I access system information in control panel, it
says "Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version
2002 Service Pack 1."

I assume that system properties would correctly identify
what's running the machine. Correct?

Why the discrepancy? Do I have 2002 or 2004? Is there
enough difference for me to raise a stink?

Thanks!

Dale

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Feel Duped by Microsoft with MCE NOT being allowed to join DOM
    ... This is what Microsoft states on their Media Center Edition 2005 web site ... cannot join a Windows XP Media Center 2005 PC to the domain. ... > While it is true that Microsoft has made no secret that MCE 2005 computers ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: XP Media center SP2 to XP Pro
    ... understand why microsoft would make you pay $300 + the OEM Media ... Center to get to Pro, even when Pro is a downgrade according to ... I don't know anything that says Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Feel Duped by Microsoft with MCE NOT being allowed to join DOM
    ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Media Center ... I connected my laptop to the network via cable and have not problem ... Microsoft made this information public. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Windows Media Center Edition 2005
    ... > Microsoft isn't going to win the convergance war if they don't get some of ... >> thoughts on the future of MCE. ... >> future versions of windows. ... >> that far of a departure from the current direction of media management. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: When will SP2 be available for Public Download?
    ... > Microsoft have back tracked and denied that there will be ... > After the RTM date OEMs have 90 days to ship SP2 pre- ... > Once Windows XP SP2 has hit RTM this will provide room ... > Windows Media Player 10. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)