Re: Language Set To French

this process also worked using microsoft Office 2000. Thank you for the
suggestion.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

I can't say for sure if it will work with Office 2000. I haven't run into
that as yet.

I have been using the Vampirefo spell check with my last three machines with
no problem at all.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Dell Boy" <Dell Boy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thank you for this information.

I tried third party spell checkers once before and they caused problems so
think I prefer your work around. Office 2007 replced Office 2000, does
this
make any difference to the detail of your work around?

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Office 2007 breaks OE's spell check. Downloading a free spell check is
the
simplest way around this.

Some free spell check programs.

Vampirefo:

TinySpell:
http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/ (Checks the spelling as you type).

Or from this blog:
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80

After installing Office 2007 RTM, you dont have English as a choice of
language in the spell checker of Outlook Express and potentially other
programs.

a.. Office 2007 is replacing the v.3 English Proofing Tools that
shipped
in prior versions of Office with a new version (v.6). There are a number
of
changes in this new version, but the one that is causing this problem is
that Outlook Express doesn't understand the new English Proofing Tools.
This
is a problem because Outlook Express has never shipped with its own
proofing
tools but has used the ones shipped by Office.
b.. There are a few scenarios in which you won't run into this problem:
a.. An upgrade from Office 2003 or earlier to Office 2007 RTM if you
don't manually uninstall the earlier version of Office.
b.. A configuration in which Office 2003 (or earlier) has not been
removed.
For example, I have Office 2003 still on both of my computers, and I
still have English in Outlook Express.
c.. The workaround for this problem is to install the English
dictionary
from Office 2003 (or Office XP). There should be no need to install all
of
Office just the dictionary. The English Proofing Tools can be found in
the
Custom Install tree under Office Shared Features|Proofing Tools|English.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

"Dell Boy" <Dell Boy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I've just installed Office 2007 Home and student Edition on a Windows
XP
SP2 PC with latest updates and the Language (Tools-Options-Spelling) in
Outlook Express 6 SP2 has now changed to French. It is not possible to
change
language becasue French is selected but greyed out.

The Primary Editing Language in Office 2007 is English United Kingdom
and
English United States is also in the Enabled Editing Languages list.

Can anyone give any suggestions?

  • Re: Language Set To French
    ... You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in Outlook ... Australian English Spell Check ... SP2 PC with latest updates and the Language ...
  • Re: Spelling in OE Changed to French after Office 2007 Install ...
    ... Student 2007 and work in word my spell checker comes in French - not the ... just that OE can't understand the English Proofing Tools. ... So this is just one more instance of Outlook Express being distanced by ... The workaround for this problem is to install the English ...
  • Re: Language Set To French
    ... attempting a spell check and required removal via Add/Remove. ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ... provide English in America where Gates amassed $60BILLION. ... The workaround for this problem is to install the English ...
  • Re: Language Set To French
    ... English spell check on the Office 2003 or Office XP available as a free ... Vampirefo site but I can't find a download link for the OE spell checker on ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ... SP2 PC with latest updates and the Language ...
  • Re: Restrict throwing Condition is not valid error
    ... original email are generated in English, ... The system is Outlook 2003, connected to Exchange, using CEM. ... The user logged-into Exchange from another machine, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins)