Re: Missing mail folders

...I have looked
at the message store folder and it contains only the dbx files
corresponding
to the folders showing in Outlook Express.

Using WinXP's FAST Wizard, by MVP Gary Woodruff
(Please read the caveats about Outlook Express)
http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

Did you compact all OE folders prior to running FAST?

...then [I] did a reformat/reinstallation of
Microsoft XP Professional SP2

I'm afraid your old data may be unrecoverable, Barry.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Barry_M wrote:
I used the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to collect files and
settings,
store them on a separate drive, and then did a reformat/reinstallation of
Microsoft XP Professional SP2 on my system partition, and finally used the
wizard again to restore files and settings to the new installation. I have
done this before without any problems, but this time I am disturbed to
find
that most of my stored email messages are missing. The folders I have are
those listed at or near the front of the alphabetical list of folders, but
the rest are gone. The missing folders contain the bulk of my stored
messages, and include my most valued and inportant ones. In the past, I
have
copied all the dbx files to a separate location just in case something
went
wrong, but this time I was in a hurry and neglected to do so. I have
looked
at the message store folder and it contains only the dbx files
corresponding
to the folders showing in Outlook Express. I only hope that the process
failed in the restoration stage, rather than the collection phase, because
if so, then the missing dbx files should be retrievable. I would
appreciate
advice as to how to do this, if it is possible.

.