Re: blocking an e-mail address

Mailwasher:
http://www.mailwasher.net/home
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
Imperial Beach, CA

"Karen F" <jakeyboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ekkrdbQbIHA.5984@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks. I know it's a good address and I prefer to have it bounce back to the sender. Can I do that?

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23ORNZgPbIHA.484@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Make a message rule to Delete it from server. Don't attempt to bounce. If it is a fake address, your bounce will end up in a loop being bounced back to you, and if the address is real, then all you accomplished was to verify your address is valid.

How to set up OE Message Rules:
http://www.oeupdates.com/outlook-express-message-rules-block-spam.html

http://www.timeatlas.com/mos/Email/Outlook_Express/Creating_Rules_in_Outlook_Express/

http://www.jackieswebworks.com/outlook%20express%20notes.htm

Some Message Rule Ideas:
http://www.mindspring.com/~majik/messagerules.htm

Some tips:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tips/rules.htm

Controlling Junk Mail in Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/junkmail.mspx

Message Rules not working?:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe/faqs/why.htm#rules
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Karen F" <jakeyboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%237SeEUPbIHA.4144@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How can I block someone's e-mail address and have the mail bounce back to them. Thanks.

--
Karen

  • Re: blocking an e-mail address
    ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ... If it is a fake address, your bounce will end up in a loop being bounced ... How to set up OE Message Rules: ...
  • Re: blocking an e-mail address
    ... I know it's a good address and I prefer to have it bounce back to ... it is a fake address, your bounce will end up in a loop being bounced back ... How to set up OE Message Rules: ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ...
  • Re: blocking an e-mail address
    ... Make a message rule to Delete it from server. ... If it is a fake address, your bounce will end up in a loop being bounced back to you, and if the address is real, then all you accomplished was to verify your address is valid. ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ...
  • Re: OE automatically replying to received e-mails
    ... he says he has no message rules at all. ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ... would be activated at the Comcast Website under his login. ... original email and preceded by RE:whatever original subject was. ...
  • Re: Help - How to transfer the Outlook Express Message Rules to another PC
    ... Blocked Senders, Signatures and Custom Views are all stored in the Windows registry, and so must be backed up ... Note that the Rules sub-key contains both message rules and custom views. ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ...