certificate's CN name does not match the passed value

My friend is getting the following message when starting up OE:

Internet Security Warning
The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could
not be verified.
The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value.
Do you want to continue using this server?
Yes No

I looked at the security certificates on my own system. In Outlook
Express, I selected Tools - Options - Security - Digital IDs. The
Certificates dialog shows a list certificates under several tabs: Personal,
Other People, Intermediate Certification Authorities, Trusted Root
Certification Authorities, Trusted Publishers, Untrusted Publishers.

On my system, I have well over 100 certificates listed in these tabs! How
do I know which certificate is causing the problem?

  • RE: certificates CN name does not match the passed value
    ... The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could ... Certificates dialog shows a list certificates under several tabs: ...
  • Re: certificates CN name does not match the passed value
    ... The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that ... Do you want to continue using this server? ... I looked at the security certificates on my own system. ... I have well over 100 certificates listed in these tabs! ...
  • Re: Spyware - security certificate issued by untrusted companies
    ... > But I am still having problems opening certin secured sites (e.g. internet ... I keep getting this message about the security certificate ... Have you installed a recent Root Certificates Update from Windows Update? ... The newer banking sites will use certificates signed by those certification ...
  • Re: Please advise: ASP.Net and HTTPS
    ... > certificates, assuming you don't want the browser to complain that the name ... > on the security certificate is invalid). ...
  • Re: Secure VPN access
    ... with it's security option for the client. ... After getting the VPN connection I check the Ip settings and found the ... point to the head ISP's DNS server. ... > Computer certificates for L2TP/IPSec VPN connections ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)