Re: unauthorized emails being sent

Years ago <G> my wife received (and contracted) a virus in a message from
"me". My machine was not infected. Never found out whose machine was
infected, but they stopped.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"Gary Walker" <twf@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Gary,

IRRC, that could only happen if Sam sent a legit e-mail, and then the
other addresses would be added without his knowledge. I don't think in
the case you describe that messages would be sent from his PC without him
initiating an e-mail to at least one person. Do you concur with this?
--
~Bruce

Well, I realy don't know. But, I received a virus long ago
from opening an attachment from a trusted sender. (a
sender that itself had the virus). It was my stupidity, but
subsequently, massive emails were being sent every time
I put the system on the net. (presumably to further prop-
agate the virus to others).

I was just thinking that something similar was occuring
with Sam's description. I simply rebuilt the system to
correct the problem.

Gary