Re: Outlook Express has encountered a problem and needs to close...
- From: "sprockets" <rftvhf-nwsgrp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:08:19 -0500
"PA Bear" <PABearMVP@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Start here: http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#crash
General OE Caveats:
- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.
- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.
- Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a
manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
- WinXP SP2 only: Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown
your machine if Automatic Compacting is taking place.
- WinXP SP2 only: If your machine is fully up-to-date at Windows Update,
installing the following patch (KB918766) will help to avoid such data
loss in the future:
This patch will be included in the next Cumulative Update for Outlook
- Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause
corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
Good info here, I will take all the emails in the "Sent" folder and put them
in my own created folder.
I turned off the A/V email scanning program too.
I have the auto compact and auto email check boxes, unchecked so they don't
go on either, I can do that manually.
So when will there be an OE7 with fixes and upgrades to follow with IE7?
IE7, OE6, YIM8, WinXP2
- Prev by Date: Re: Outlook Express has encountered a problem and needs to close...recapitulation..
- Next by Date: Re: Unable to open the Address Book. The address book may not be i
- Previous by thread: Re: Outlook Express has encountered a problem and needs to close...
- Next by thread: Re: Outlook Express has encountered a problem and needs to close...