Deleting files for old Identities

I have a bunch of old files left over from old, no longer used email
accounts in Outlook Express 6 and I want to remove them.

Some are for Identities that still exist in OE. I have done the
File/folder/delete action and then compacted all folders, but the file(s)
still exists in -

C:\documents and settings\user1\local settings\application
data\identities\{sdklfj etc}\microsoft\outlook express\

or in -

C:\windows\application data\identities\{sdklfj etc}\microsoft\outlook
express\

In some other cases the Identity no longer exists, but the files are still
there.

How can I clean this up? Can anyone walk me thru this or point me to a good
site?

thanks

.