Deleting files for old Identities

I have a bunch of old files left over from old, no longer used email
accounts in Outlook Express 6 and I want to remove them.

Some are for Identities that still exist in OE. I have done the
File/folder/delete action and then compacted all folders, but the file(s)
still exists in -

C:\documents and settings\user1\local settings\application
data\identities\{sdklfj etc}\microsoft\outlook express\

or in -

C:\windows\application data\identities\{sdklfj etc}\microsoft\outlook
express\

In some other cases the Identity no longer exists, but the files are still
there.

How can I clean this up? Can anyone walk me thru this or point me to a good
site?

thanks

  • pop 3
    ... several identities and Outlook Express dealt with ALL of those. ... accessed in Outlook Express but which you cannot access in Windows ... MSN/Hotmail accounts, you now have 2 options to access them using a Mail ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Urgent!!! A double email problem. Help!
    ... Do you mean that you have 2 Identities in Outlook Express ... (you use the switch identities) ... the 2 accounts are not on the same ISP. ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.mail)
  • Re: Outlook Express New Identity
    ... Outlook Express Quits When You Switch Identities ... Outlook Express Stops Responding or Does Not Start ... Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties, Servers. ... Separate server POP3 accounts, ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.mail)
  • Re: Multiple Accounts
    ... I don't want to create identities as I need to switch identities to check ... manually as Outlook Express just check when the message arives. ... >> I have configured 3 accounts in my Outlook. ... >> Local Folders & Hotmail ...
  • Entourage identities and mail folders - new Mac convert - Help!
    ... I am a new Mac/Entourage, but experienced PC Outlook user, having ... selecting two identities as a setup is explained below - is this the ... server program), and personal email from the ISP. ... like this with different accounts with different send and receive parameters so ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)