Re: connection via broadband

"baz" <baz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8D2EB037-40E3-43DB-A558-90779E147C4A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please help after my computer crashed i reloaded windows-all is fine with one
exception!
I run xp proff and use wanadoo broadband,also their are two users on this
computer. When i connect to one user all is ok BUT when move to other user
the connection drops out and we have to reconnect again! This also happens in
reverse.
their used to be a box that said "do you want to stay connected" when
swithing.Wanadoo are no help at all.
--
worried baz

Control Panel | Internet Connections | Cocnnections tab
Select "Do not dial"

In OE, Tools | Accounts | Mail | <account name> | Properties | Connections tab

Uncheck the box to "Always use this connection"

Tools | Options | Connections tab
Uncheck "Hang up after send and receive"

  • Re: Cant get Automatic Connection to work
    ... Go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN settings tab ... See if the Automatically detect settings is. ... If checked, UNcheck it. ... Prevent IE from disconnecting with DSL or cable connection ...
  • Re: A little advice please.
    ... Baz before we close this discussion I think it's worth clarifying that if ... connection so that Sky know the box is still at the registered address ... I assume the installation would include a dual LNB fitted to my existing ... Does the Sky HD box have a *scart* connection on rear ...
    (uk.tech.tv.sky)
  • Re: Netgear DG834
    ... Between the router and the PC. ... internet connection tho. ... baz. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • RE: VPN Connection Error 628 and 721 over Linksys
    ... I have not had this problem before and I failed to check the connection ... > The VPN server sits behind the WRT54G and the basic configuration is as ... > Security Tab: ... > Allow IP based remote access and demand dial connections ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • RE: sporadic issues using IE7 browser
    ... the intertnet connection status saus "excellent" and If I ... Connections>> Double click Internet Options, ... Click on General Tab and you will see a Button called ... On how to disable the Add-ons follow this: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)