Re: Page cannot be diplayed

Check C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc for a file named HOSTS with no
extension. (Not Hosts.sam)
Make sure Windows is set to show hidden files and folders and is NOT set to
hide extensions for known file types.
If HOSTS exists, rename it to HOSTS.OLD
Reboot an try again.

Or, In a Cmd window, enter
ipconfig /flushdns
then clear your TIF also, and re-boot.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"news.xtra" <jdekker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Running xp pro and latest updates I find that while nearly the whole web
> is available to me, quite a few pages on my providers site bring up the
> Page cannot be displayed message. Logging on with another computer using
> win98 resolves the problem so it is on my machine. Obviously have tried
> nearly everything including reinstall of SP2.
> Any ideas.
> Help appreciated.
> Regards,
> John.

  • Re: HTTP 404 - File not found Internet Explorer
    ... Not sure what you mean by TIF.. ... > extension. ... > Make sure Windows is set to show hidden files and folders and is NOT set to ...
  • Re: access to one web site
    ... extension. ... Make sure Windows is set to show hidden files and folders and is NOT set to ... I gained access using my daughters ...
  • Re: internet explorer cannot open the internet site ........ operation aborted
    ... extension. ... Make sure Windows is set to show hidden files and folders and is NOT set to ... > saying "Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site *** Operation ...
  • Re: Lost some wallpapers
    ... The default Windows background graphics are .bmp files which are stored in C:\Windows. ... If they are not the default files and you're sure you didn't delete them, use Start> Search> For Files and Folders... ... the file extension type preceded with *. ... When you have finished your search, reverse the above to disable visibility of the System/Hidden Files/Folders/Extensions. ...