Re: Uninstall OE 6 having error messages

From: Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE (
Date: 02/03/05

Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 04:05:41 -0600

"Senioritis" <> wrote in message
> Everytime I open OE6 I get a Windows Error Message saying Outlook
> Express has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the
> inconvenience. When you click on either Don't Send or Send Error
> report, OE shuts down without warning. I have heard OE could be
> corrupt but I cannot figure out how to uninstall OE. I have tried
> deleting from Add/Remove Programs and from the Program Files folder
> but it does not work. I would appreciate any help in figuring out
> how to repair or uninstall OE6. TIA
> Debi

If it gives you an error message saying that it needs to close, then it
isn't shutting down without a warning, is it?

First eliminate any spyware.
What You Should Know About Spyware

CAUTION!!!!! Removing some spyware can damage the Winsock stact. Before
you try to remove spyware using any of these programs , download a copy of
LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks (all Windows
Winsockfix for W95, W98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
Directions here:
Get WinSockxpFix
How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
In WinXP SP2: You can fix Winsock by going to Start | Run and typing
In the command window type
netsh winsock reset

Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines

Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
won't. Also, each needs to be updated with the program's update function
before every use, even when just downloaded. There's also a lot more to do
than just those two programs. CWShredder is also available here:
**Post your HijackThis log to or the Spyware forum at for expert analysis, not here.**
Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
may be found on this page:

See this link for information about malware:

If nothing there helps, please post back to this thread.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
Protect your PC