Re: OE6 - can't send emails with attachments

From: Jim Pickering (jimp_at_mvps.invalid)
Date: 06/10/04

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:50:11 -0700

Tried increasing the timeout slider under Tools/Accounts, Mail for the
account involved? Look on the Advanced tab/Server section for the option.

--
Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Please reply only to newsgroup.
"Matt Beaton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a client with the exact same issue.  They are
> running a small office of mixed XP/2K boxes, behind a NAT
> router - but no specific port blocking or forwarding on
> the firewall.
>
> Only one machine has this problem - and I will probably
> end up doing a complete reinstallation of it to correct
> it, but I would certainly be interested in the solution
> anyways.
>
> The symptom I have is that it will send small
> attachments, and emails without attachments fine -
> although if I try to send a somewhat large attachment
> (1MB or so) - it will hang about 4 or 5 seconds into the
> upload, then display the timeout message a minute later.
> Sometimes it will go for 7 or 8 seconds before it quits,
> sometimes it will send successfully.  The smaller the
> file, the more successful it tends to be.
>
> After enough attempts, it will eventually send - but
> never consistantly.  The client needs to send attachments
> quickly - so simply setting the timeout low and having it
> try every minute to send won't work here.
>
> I have tried all the KB articles pertaining to this (incl
> the MTU settings, etc.) - all the updates are installed,
> I have tried reinstalling Outlook Express by manually
> changing the IsInstalled registry key and overwriting the
> existing copy.
>
> I downloaded Eudora as a test, and it will consistantly
> send large attachments no problem - so it is definately
> an Outlook Express problem.  My guess is something is
> corrupted that is not replaced by a reinstall of OE.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Beaton
> Community Networks Inc

Relevant Pages

  • OE6 - cant send emails with attachments
    ... I have a client with the exact same issue. ... attachments, and emails without attachments fine - ... >integrated into DSL router and with Norton Anti-Virus ...
  • Outlook blocking emails with attachments
    ... emails with attachments, nor am I getting any error ... the second user on Outlook is receiving ... received in the 2nd account. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Autoprint email (plain text, html, attachments) (with message rule and VBA)
    ... I have to print all incoming emails including attachments. ... Set colCB = Nothing ... But with an inbox rule and the code above, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.printing)
  • Outlook blocking emails with attachments
    ... Select the email account that's stripping attachments ... I am not receiving any ... >emails with attachments, nor am I getting any error ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Send Receive
    ... After running 'regsvr32 inetcomm', does the attachments dialog return? ... Help with Hijackware ... > emails with attachments In the options security dialog box ...